Customers can begin the process of building their new custom garage by calling our team of customer service representatives or by ordering in person at our Amish Country production facility.
We require a deposit of 50 percent of the total project cost at the time your order is submitted, and the deposit can be made using check or charge card.
Cancellation of construction projects are addressed on a case-by-case basis, and the terms thereof depend on the stage of production for your project.
Shipping times for our utility structures vary by model and your selected customization options, but we can deliver most projects within 4-6 weeks.
Our standard garage models can be tailored to your needs with a range of floor plans and finishing options.
Our professional design team can help you navigate the most beneficial options for your structure.
Our utility structures are crafted to the highest standards for years of service.
We can deliver on most garage orders within just 4 weeks.
We can transport your fully assembled garage directly to you.
Our structures offer a combination of incredible quality and affordable prices.
Erie, Pennsylvania City Information
Erie Pre Built Garages Articles
Pre Built Garages We'll Replace Your Garage Topics
Pre Built Garages We'll Replace Your Erie Garage Today Video
You can find Schema Services for Erie website owners here: Erie Schema Services
Erie - We'll Replace Your Pre Built Garages Garage Today References
Pennsylvania, seat (1803) of Erie county, northwestern Pennsylvania, U.S. It lies on the southeastern shore of Lake Erie, where a 6-mile (10-km) peninsula encloses a fine natural harbour; the city is a major lake port. Named for the Erie Indians, it was the site of the Fort-Presque-Isle built on the mainland by the French in 1753. Abandoned to the British in 1759, the fort was destroyed by Indians in June 1763 during the uprising known as Pontiac's War. The area remained a wilderness until after the American Revolution, when it was purchased by Pennsylvania from the federal government. The U.S. Fort Presque Isle was built in 1795, and at the same time the town was laid out by General Andrew Ellicott, U.S. surveyor general, and General William Irvine. Naval yards established on Presque Isle Bay built most of the fleet that was used by Oliver Hazard Perry to defeat the British at the Battle of Lake Erie (September 10, 1813). Perry's reconstructed flagship, the U.S. BrigNiagara , is berthed at the foot of Holland Street.Erie Maritime Museum, Erie, Pa. Pat Noble Early industries largely supplied the region's agricultural economy. Erie's first iron foundries used bog ore from the bay swamps. Economic development increased and diversified with the opening (1844) of the Erie Extension (or Beaver-Erie) Canal and with railway construction in the 1850s. Manufactures are now well diversified and include locomotives, plastics, electrical equipment, metalworking and machinery, hospital equipment, paper, chemicals, and rubber products. Erie is Pennsylvania's only port on the St. Lawrence Seaway and is a strategic shipping point for industrial coke, iron ore, steel, salt, stone, and scrap metal. It is the seat of Gannon University (1925), Mercyhurst College (1926), and the Behrend College campus of Pennsylvania State University (Penn State Erie). Presque Isle State Park on the peninsula is a popular recreation area. The city has an art museum, a historical museum and planetarium, and a zoo.The Perry Memorial House and Dickson Tavern (c. 1815) was a station on the Underground Railroad for runaway slaves; it was restored in 1963. The Wayne Memorial Blockhouse on the grounds of the Pennsylvania Soldiers' and Sailors' Home is a replica of the one in which General Anthony ('Mad Anthony') Wayne died on December 15, 1796; a flagpole marks the spot where he was buried (his remains were later removed to Radnor, near Philadelphia). Fort Le-Boeuf, the last French outpost in the French and Indian War, is 16 miles south. Inc. borough, 1805; city, 1851. Pop. (2000) 103, 717; Erie Metro Area, 280, 843; (2010) 101, 786; Erie Metro Area, 280, 566.
Prefabricated Garage Kits - Pros and Cons of a Prefab Garage
Prefabricated garage kits offer a quick and easy way for the do-it-yourselfer to add extra space. Most require no special skills or construction experience. They can be assembled with inexpensive tools just by following instructions. If you plan on hiring a contractor to build it for you, using a prefab garage kit can save you a great deal on labor costs, too.
There are a number of different types and styles available, as well as different building materials that can be used. Some packages are based on a pole building design, some use steel arches for the structure, and others are simply stick-frame buildings that already have the lumber pre-cut to size. For a summary of the different types that are available, click on the "Garage Building Kits" link on the left.
Prefabricated garage kits offer a number of different advantages over building one from scratch:
- The components are preassembled in a factory environment. This means that the components are more consistent. All the parts should be square and straight, making assembly on site easier.
- Prefab garage manufacturers buy materials in huge quantities, resulting in lower material cost. This allows them to manufacture the components and then sell them to you for not much more than you would pay for the raw materials in some cases.
- There is little to no waste for you to have to dispose of after it is built.
- There is no need to hire an architect or buy plans. The building has already been engineered for you. Many times, the building package will come with blueprints that can be taken directly to your local building authorities to obtain permits.
- Prefab garage kits can be erected in much less time than a conventional building. This means that there will be less exposure to the weather while it is being built. If you are hiring a contractor to build it for you, this also means a shorter period of time that you have strangers coming and going, and a shorter period of time that you have materials lying around that could be stolen.
There are a few limitations to using a prefabricated garage kit, though.
- Most prefab garages come only in certain length and width increments. It may not be possible to get one that is exactly the size you want. If you want one that is two feet longer or wider than a building that is offered, you may have to go up to the next size that is four or five feet larger. Some companies can accommodate custom sizes, but you will pay the price of one that is four or five feet larger.
- Most prefabricated garages are simple squares or rectangles. Some types of kits can be built in other shapes, but others cannot. If you need one that is "L" shaped or has other custom features, it can add significantly to the cost.
- Some types of prefabricated garages can only be one story. If you want an attic, loft or apartment, that will eliminate some types of prefab kits.
- Similarly, some types of kit are height limited. If you need room for a vehicle lift or RV parking, this will also limit your available choices. Many kits can be built on top of a stem wall though, which may give you enough height but adds to the cost and construction time.
- Many prefab garage kits require that your building site be accessible by a big truck. If you are two miles down a winding, narrow dirt road, this may limit your choices somewhat. The same thing goes for building one in a residential neighborhood where the houses are very close together. If there is no way for a truck and trailer to get to your back yard, you have to keep that in mind when making your choice.
One thing to note when you are considering a particular building package is to make sure you know exactly what is included and what is not. Some packages include garage doors, roofing materials, fasteners, etc., and others don't. If they don't, you will need to remember to add those items to the total cost.
Read More Here
We provide Pre Built Garages services for residents and companies.
Related Statewide Reading Topics: Pennsylvania Pre Built Garages Topics